Available for big block Chevy, small block Ford, and Cleveland Fords, the new Direct Ignition System (DIS) kits from MSD Performance make it easy to upgrade from a conventional distributor-type ignition to modern and efficient coil-per-plug technology. MSD DIS kits eliminate distributor-cap and rotor wear, reduce spark-energy losses from long wires, and optimize tuning parameters.
Users can program these kits through a mini-USB port to provide individual cylinder timing, while fully programmable 2D and 3D timing maps offer complete timing control; MSD’s easy-to-use proprietary software makes real-time configuration and tune-ups simple.
Finally, the smartly labeled wiring harness takes the guesswork out of conversion for a hassle-free installation.
- Easily convert to a coil-per-plug ignition system.
- Preprogrammed timing maps.
- Fully programmable 2D and 3D timing maps provide complete timing control.
- Individual Cylinder Timing (ICT) allows precise tuning.
- Built-in 2.5 bar Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor for boosted applications.
- Optional temperature sensor input to control timing based on temperature.
- On-board data acquisition.
- Fully potted electronics and sealed connectors for maximum durability.
- Easily programmable through a mini-USB communication port.
- Programmable Max Rev and Launch RPM limiters provide engine protection.
- Consistent holeshots thanks to a Programmable Launch Timing Retard.
- Single Timing Step Retard ideal for pulling timing for nitrous applications.