Max-Clean is a state-of-the-art synthetic fuel system cleaner that deeply penetrates and cleans injectors, carburetors, intake valves and combustion chambers to restore fuel economy and reduce emissions. It is:
- EPA/ CARB Compliant
- Safe for use in gasoline and diesel engines and can be used with all ethanol blends or biofuel
- Can be used in both 4-cycle & 2-cycle engines and will not harm vehicle emissions equipment
- Available in 20 fl oz. and 6 fl oz.
NAPA Know How writers recently cited twice-annual use of Max-Clean in gas tanks as one of the “10 Overlooked Services that can Extend the Life of Your Vehicle.”
- Improves fuel economy an average of 3.2-percent (up to 6%)
- Restores horsepower an average of 2.6-percent (up to 5%)
- Reduces hydrocarbon, NOx and CO emissions (on average 12, 13 and 18-percent respectively)
- Prevents rough idle, hesitation and stalling
- Prevents premature spark plug fouling
- Reduces deposit-related engine knocking and pinging
- Stabilizes fuel during off-season and storage
- Is a superior corrosion and oxidation inhibitor
Recommended Treat Rate & Usage
3,000 Mile Interval – 6 oz. can
Pour entire contents of 6 oz. can into tank prior to fueling. Each can treats up to 20 gallons. Max-Clean fuel system cleaner is ideal for both 2-stroke and 4-stroke engines.
10,000 Mile Interval – 20 oz. can
Pour entire contents of 20 oz. can into a nearly empty tank and refuel. One (1) can treats up to 20 gallons. For tank sizes outside of this range, use one (1) ounce per gallon. In 2-cycle engines, use one (1) ounce per two (2) gallons.
P/N 11754 (6 fl. oz.)
P/N 11722 (20 fl. oz.) P/N 21722 (20 fl. oz. – bilingual label)
Diesel Fuel Injection Cleaner
Diesel engines are valued for fuel efficiency and longevity. Extend the miles and years on your diesel engine with Royal Purple’s new Max-Tane fuel injector cleaner and stabilizer.
- For year round use in all types of light, medium and heavy duty diesel engines,
- Compatible with any type or grade of diesel fuel, including #1 diesel and #2 diesel, biodiesel and ultra-low-sulfur diesel (ULSD)
- Safe to use with all types of diesel exhaust emission systems equipment, including diesel particulate filters (DPFs) and catalytic converters.
- Specifically formulated to solve problems that come with today’s new HPCR (High Pressure Common Rail) diesel injection systems,
This premium fuel system cleaner:
- Prevents gelling,
- Improves fuel economy,
- Lubricates and
- Cleans the fuel system.
Max-Tane Performance Advantages
- Increases cetane number an average of 6, (up to 8)
- Increases fuel economy an average 10%, (up to 12%)
- Improves engine startup and reliability in both warm and cold temps
- Improves cold flow by preventing gelling
- Cleans deposits from fuel injectors, combustion chambers, intake valves deposits and piston crowns
- Average emissions reduction: hydrocarbon 28%, CO 22%, NOx 2.5% , particulate 5%
- Average reduction 62% injector deposits
- Provides lubricity to entire fuel system – average improvement 16% in lubricity
- Reduces smoke and odor
- Average engine noise reduction 2 dB
When used as directed. Do not pour Max-Tane directly into Diesel Exhaust Fluid.
Recommended Treat Rate
20 ounces → 100 gallons
15 ounces → 75 gallons
10 ounces → 50 gallons
5 ounces → 25 gallons
The minimum recommended Max-Tane treat rate is one (1) ounce per five (5) gallons of diesel fuel. High performance applications can safely use one (1) ounce per two (2) gallons of diesel fuel for maximum benefit. If uncertain of exact tank size, round up. Replace cap after bottle has been emptied and dispose of properly.
P/N 11756 (10 fl. oz.) P/N 11755 (20 fl. oz.)