Using Design Engineering exhaust wrap to wrap your headers and down pipes is an important first step in controlling unwanted underhood radiant heat.
Also, keeping exhaust gases hotter within the exhaust system helps in decreasing exhaust density and increases exhaust flow. This improves exhaust scavenging resulting in cooler air intake temperatures for an improvement in performance and a gain in HP.
Features of Using DEI Exhaust Wraps:
- Reduce under hood temperatures a realistic 50%
- Improves HP
- Withstands 1200°F direct/2000°F radiant
- Added durability and heat retention
- Available in Fiberglass Composite or Titanium with with LR Technology, Black, Natural or silver and in different widths and lengths.
- Only exhaust wrap with installation guide lines
Exhaust Wrap Kits save you time and money!
The header wrap kit contains enough wrap for any set of V8 headers, from the top of the header where it bolts to the heads all the way down to the collector.
- 2 rolls of 2″ x 50′ Exhaust Wrap
- 1 can of HT Silicone Coating Spray
- 8 – 8″ Stainless Steel Locking Ties
- 4 – 14″ Stainless Steel Locking Ties
- Available in Black Wrap/Black Spray, Tan Wrap/Aluminum Spray, Tan Wrap/White Spray
P/N 010110 (Black wrap w/black HT silicone coating)
P/N 010111 (Tan wrap w/white HT silicone coating)
P/N 010112 (Tan wrap w/aluminum HT silicone coating)
Following is just a sampling of what wraps DEI offers.
P/N 010102 (Natural, Fiberglass Composite, 2″ wide x 50′ roll)
P/N 010127 (Silver, Titanium, 2″ wide x 50′ roll)
P/N 010108 (Black, Fiberglass Composite, 2″wide x 50′ roll)
These locking ties will provide a finished look to any job quickly and easily!
Design Engineering Stainless Steel Locking Ties are the perfect way to fasten exhaust wrap for a easy, clean and professional installation.
Made of high grade stainless steel they will withstand temperatures in excess of 2500 degrees and have a tensile strength over 100 lbs.Designed to secure DEI’s exhaust wrap but the uses are endless.
P/N 010205 (Set of 12)
HT Silicone Coating Spray
Provides lasting protection for any hot surface up to 1500 degrees.
Design Engineering HT Silicone Coating spray is highly recommended for DEI glass fiber wrap to penetrate, seal, protect and prolong the lifespan of exhaust wrap.
DEI recommends the use of this coating with their exhaust wrap because it seals the material and provides lasting protection from oil, dirt and road grime.
Don’t limit the use to exhaust header wrap, this products works well on headers, blocks, starters and even on your grill at home.
P/N 010301 (Black)
P/N 010302 (Aluminum)
P/N 010303 (White)