Design Engineering, Inc. (DEI), is the leading aftermarket supplier of thermal tuning, heat, and sound control products. They have recently released a new catalogue of their sound deadening and insulation products under its Boom Mat brand.
These products require minimal prep and saves installment time.
- Use it on floors, door skins, trunks, roofs – can be applied on horizontal, vertical and inverted areas on metal, plastic, fiberglass and most other automotive surfaces.
- Use as a first layer for areas with contours and bends for vibration damping needs
- Constructed of viscoelastic polymer layer protected by a durable aluminum wear surface with a strong hi-temp adhesive backing (unaffected by extreme hot or cold temperatures)
- Available in a variety of sizes for a cost effective installation
- Use it on large flat surfaces of sheet material where the most demanding vibration damping is needed IE. sides and floors of vans, trailers, large trunks or wherever a finished look is needed and a quiet interior desired.
- Use as a first layer for larger flat metal areas without complex contours
- .070″ thick with a black textured paintable finish with hi-temp adhesive backing (unaffected by extreme hot or cold temperatures).
- Use it on those hard to reach areas. IE. trunk interiors, fender wells, undercarriage, body panels, rear quarters and inside door panels.
- Saves time – just shake and spray.
- Paintable – seals out moisture preventing rust.
- Covers 20 sq. ft. area.
Under Hood Thermal Acoustic Line
- Use it under hoods, generator compartments, engine covers (dog house), marine and RV engine compartments. Can also be used as noise control applications such as on generator boxes and many industrial uses including HVAC applications.
- Made of ¾” thick, high quality, industrial marine, acoustical grade foam with a reinforced reflective aluminum covering. Protect your paint with a cooler hood surfaces protect your paint and reduced engine noise in passenger compartment. Engine heat and noise often is a problem with today’s modified vehicles packed with high performance components. No mold or mildew issue.
Floor & Tunnel Shield II
- Use it on fire walls, transmission tunnels, floor boards above header collectors, catalytic converters, mufflers, exhaust pipes, fuel cells, motorcycle fairing, engine covers (dog House), marine and RV engine compartments and reflect turbo head to protect engine components, painted body panels and for a comfortable interior at any temperature.
- Extreme heat barrier – 3/16″ thick with a multifaceted aluminum surface with a hi-temp adhesive. Withstands 1750 degrees F. (creates a barrier between heat source and your interior) and holds past 450 deg. F (will not peel away in the most demanding applications).
Boom Mat Under Carpet and Under Carpet Lite
These products are an ideal way to maintain a “new vehicle” driving experience by eliminating squeaks, rattles, vibrations and unwanted engine, tire and road noise as well as heat.
- Use it on firewalls, floor boards, transmission tunnels, behind rear seats, inner wheel wheels, trunk floors and rear quarter panels.
- 3/8″ thick with a 1 lb./ft sq. mass loaded marine grade acoustic foam decoupling barrier layer to reduce high frequency noises and provide thermal insulation.
- Use as a second layer over Boom Mat Damping material for the quietest ride possible by preventing unwanted noise from being transferred into the vehicle’s interior.
Economical lite weight insulation solution.
- Use it on floor pans, fire walls, transmission tunnels, behind back seat, inner fender wells, rear quarter panels, trunk floors, under headliners and kick panels.
- 1/2″ thick with a multi-layer high tech composite material conforms to any number of surface shapes and offers unmatched thermal and acoustic protection in an extremely flexible light weight package.
- Use it as a second layer over Boom Mat Damping material for superior lite weight thermal insulation
Leather Look Sound Barrier
An ideal way to reduce noise while offering a premium leather appearance on otherwise exposed surfaces.
- Use it on headliner, rear deck, door skin, trunk floor, floor board, speaker box and engine cover (dog house)
- Use it as a second layer over Boom Mat Damping material for the quietest ride possible with a finished embossed leather look.
- 5/16″ thick with a 1 lb./ft/ sq. loaded leather grain embossed moisture resistant barrier.
- Significantly reduce incoming sounds caused by outside noise, troublesome rattles, squeaks or vibrations, while providing a level of thermal insulation that lessens transfer of heat and cold in any climate.
Use to adhere various Boom Mat under carpet products and DEI Heat Screen P/N 010401.
- Hi-Temp (up to 160 degree F.) and bonding strength spray adhesive to bond a wide variety of materials, including trims, foams, fabrics and more.
- Forms a water-resistant bond
- Dries quickly and clear
Designed for those applications where under carpet space is limited and an acoustical noise barrier is desired. Highly effective low cost alternative to using damping products only.
- Use it behind door panels, floor pans, fire walls, transmission tunnels, behind back seat, inner fender wells, rear quarter panels, trunks
- 1/16″ thick .5lb/ft sq. sound barrier
- Conforms to the shape of your chassis, or for more intricate areas. Can be molded with a heat gun. Even becomes quite flexible by simply warming it outside on a sunny day.
- Can be installed as is or used with a decoupler such as the Boom Mat Under Carpet Lite for increased acoustical efficiency, an important consideration especially in the firewall area, or to control exhaust noise in the cabin.
- Blocks unwanted road noise when used over the entire surface area
- Not a permanent installation, easily removable for service when required
Closed cell polyethylene construction. Sold in pairs.
- Dampen vibration in sheet metal and panel-to-frame resonance.
- Maximize speaker performance by isolating the correct frequency responses.
- Forms a water tight protective shell to prevent moisture intrusion.
Simple die-cut, peel and stick kit that dresses up the interior of the hard tops and minimized annoying outside noises.
Available in black, gray or white and for 2 or 4 door model jeeps.
For the DIYers and professional installers.