High Performance Cylinder Heads
Using highly efficient ports and state-of-the-art combustion chamber shapes, Edelbrock cylinder heads offer improved performance throughout the rpm range for great throttle response and top-end horsepower. Top quality features include threaded inserts in rocker studs and exhaust bolt holes for superior strength and durability, and manganese-bronze valve guides. Cast at the Edelbrock Foundry and machined at Edelbrock’s manufacturing facility in the USA, Edelbrock heads are consistently the best in quality.
- All Edelbrock heads are sold individually (except Flatheads)- be sure to order two for your engine, or get a pair plus matching manifold and cam in our Power Package Top End Kits
- Recommended spark plugs for most street applications are Champion RC12YC
PERFORMER® & PERFORMER RPM™ CYLINDER HEADS
Performer heads are 50-state emissions legal and are designed to fit emissions related engines.
Performer RPM heads are perfect for street performance, daily drivers, street rods and muscle cars where seat-of-the-pants performance is needed. These heads give great torque and horsepower up to 6500 rpm.
Available for AMC, Buick, SBC, LT1/LT4, LS Series, 409, BBC, SB/BB Chrysler, SB/BB Ford, Cleveland, Oldsmobile and Pontiac applications.
Performer Pontiac 389-455 (With D-Port Exhaust)
P/N 61579 (87cc, with springs for hydraulic flat tappet cams)
Performer Pontiac heads utilize a D-Port exhaust port configuration for use with standard D-port exhaust systems. They are designed for 1962-79 389, 400, 421, 428 and 455 cid V8 Pontiac engines with a 4.060″ or larger bore.
- Optimized oil return passages for increased oil flow.
- Three heart shaped combustion chamber sizes, fully CNC’d to provide a 9.5:1 compression ratio when used with flat-top pistons.
- Spark plug has been relocated closer to the exhaust valve for improved performance.
- Heads are casted with extra thick port walls and a compact port size, making them ideal for CNC and hand porting.
- Includes guide plates, rocker studs and high quality valvetrain for direct bolt-on application.
Cylinder Head Specs:
- 195cc Intake Ports
- 87cc Combustion Chambers
- 2.11” Int/1.66” Exh Valves
- .550” Valve Spring Maximum Lift
- Assembled, Sold Individually
Performer RPM Chrysler 340
P/N 60179 (Chrysler 340, with springs for hydraulic flat tappet cams)
Designed for non-emission 1968-73 340 c.i.d. Chryslers.
- Delivers outstanding performance in non-emission 1967-91 Chrysler 318-340-360 c.i.d. engines.
- RPM Chrysler 340 heads have chambers machined .060″ for clearance with early high-compression engines.
- Capable of 417 horsepower and 397 ft-lbs. of torque on pump gas with an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake manifold and matching camshaft
Cylinder Head Specs:
- 171cc intake ports
- 65cc combustion chambers
- 2.020” Int/1.600” Exh valves
- 1.460” valve springs
- .575” max lift
- Assembled, sold individually