85 Series HEI Distributor:
A CNC-machined cast 356 T-6 aluminum upper housing with a billet lower housing for lightweight durability with a red cap and rotor with brass inserts. Come with a steel distributor gear to work with a flat tappet or hydraulic roller cam motor.
They’re direct plug-in replacements with OE factory-type harness connectors (Chevrolet versions only) and are available with or without Mallory’s high performance coil.
You can also get them in a Race Prepped version that features a locked-out mechanical advance, a locked-out vacuum advance with the chamber removed, and a complete advance weight and spring kit to allow for mechanical advance conversion.
- Direct Plug-in for GM HEI equipped HEI cars & trucks (pre-computer)
- Available with matching Mallory High Performance coil (except as noted)
- Mechanical Advance Plus Adjustable Vacuum Advance
- Mallory Electronics for High Performance dwell and coil saturation
- Precision CNC machined billet/cast housing for maximum timing accuracy
- For non-computer controlled cars and trucks
P/N 8548201C (1955-’96 Chev V8 262-400 and 396-502, with performance coil)